torstai 11. heinäkuuta 2013

Game concept art or something - The Mystical Potato Head

I wanted to learn programming during this summer but I guess I'm too lazy to do that so I picked a game project. I thought maybe I learn something if I try to do my own game, graphics, coding and eventually everything. Today I had some free time (6 hours) and I learned Photoshop by creating concept art for my game. Everything in the pictures are done by me. I got thrilled from a blog post where they showed how to do backgrounds and characters. So I copied a lot of things, but I made them by myself. The end result is kinda funny. The game will be 2D game if I ever got in to the actual game developing part. Anyway I came up with a funny name "The mystical potato head" from Joe Satriani's song The mystical potato head groove thing. I "painted" intro screen where is the "press any key to continue" then open ups a game menu which I didn't do. Then first and second levels. And of course everything started from the main character: potato head. I found the character from Google but painted over it with myself to get more control. Here you go MR. Potato Head:


Intro screen:



First level - The forest:


Second level - The desert:



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti